Here are some of my favorite Twitter accounts (out of many more) that I follow:
Charlie McDowell @charliemcdowell - He writes letters to the girls that live above him. "GAM" stands for Girls Above Me.
- Dear GAM, “Not to get all sentimental, but I’m really proud of us for getting into bikini shape this summer.” Hold on, I need a Kleenex.
- Dear Girls Above Me, “Shark Week is over!? But it was only on for like a week! Oh, wait a minute--” Nope, you already said it out loud!
First World Pains @firstworldpains - Basically, they tweet things that we think of as a "big deal" but when you think about it...there are worse things in the world people have to worry about! They're pretty hilarious.
- I took a straw for my drink I got to go, but I bent it trying to open it and now it has a tiny hole in it.
- The Chipotle person didn't wrap my burrito well, causing its contents to spill and forcing me to eat them with a fork.
- It's nice outside, but my internet doesn't reach far enough to the back yard for me to watch Netflix on my laptop.
Daily Bible Verse @daily_bible - Plain and simple, posts a verse each day. It's nice to read while I'm rushing to class!
- As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. - Ephesians 4:1
- For everyone who asks receives; those who seek find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened. - Matthew 7:8
OMGFacts @OMGFacts - They tweet interesting, odd, random "fun facts". This isn't a verified account, so of course we're assuming they're true.
- Since 1950, Georgia has flown four different state flags. The design was changed in 1956, in 2001, and again in 2003.
- The first baseball team to put numbers on their uniforms was the NY Yankees in 1929.
The Today Show @todayshow - They post their top stories so when I have class & miss the show, I can follow along with what they're covering! Then I usually go home and get online to re-read the segments I missed that looked good.
You can probably imagine what they look like... :)
The Dark Lord @Lord_Voldemort7 - whoever is behind this is genius. They tweet from the perspective of Lord Voldemort. This was half the reason I got an account in the first place, to follow them! A lot of them sound mean, but like I said...it's supposed to be from Voldemort's view.
- The way you make me feel is similar to what someone under the cry oaths curse might feel like....
#fightingwords: avada kedavra and expelliarmus.
- "Bullying is for losers" is a TT. Um, isn't calling bullies 'losers' a form of bullying? Your trend fails more than Neville in Potions.
- Kidz bop? If someone spells 'kids' with a 'z' then the only 'bopping' associated with them should involve them getting smacked in the head.
Some other favorites include: @BradPaisley, @ConanOBrein, @Phillies (play by play during the games, they post the line ups), @dearblankplease, @disney (refreshing quotes!), @omgthatspunny (stupid but makes me laugh), @peoplemag (tweet their stories...I always read this magazine), @PatrickWSLS (weather man)
You can follow me here if you'd like! If I recognize your name, I'll definitely accept and follow back! :) Or leave your names and I'll follow you!
If you follow any that you think I'd like, let me know!
That's all for now. Gotta go rest up for the game tomorrow!