I did a little re-vamp to my blog. I feel like I need to go another direction with this little ol blog, but I'm not sure what that is yet. Brainstorming :)
As for now, I need to catch up! The past few weeks have been crazy. Snow + a long week of school + a gorgeous weekend = my mood is all crazy. How can we go from layers on layers in 20 inches of snow to a 60* day?! Don't ask me...
On Saturday I put in my request for student teaching in the fall. I can't believe it's so close!! I hope I get my placement back soon so that I can start preparing. Fingers crossed I get one of my 2 requests!
One last note, I recently hit 5,000 pins on Pinterest. Not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed...
I'm off to my science class! Here's some Monday Motivation for you:
Today is Valentine's Day & yet another snow day here in Virginia! Since we won't be in school and we are already off on Monday for President's Day, I won't get to hand out my valentines until Tuesday! Better late than never, I guess?
Here is what I made for the kiddos:
Inspired by Pinterest, of course! I made the little label on my computer with a border I got on TPT & the image of the gumball machine is just from Google :)
So the last time I blogged I shared my February goals. I'm happy to say that I've already completed 2 of them!
I updated my computer to the Snow Leopard software so I was finally able to update iTunes and therefore able to sync my phone again :) I can't really notice any other differences with the software besides that.
I also redid my 101 in 1001 list. If you click on the 101 in 1001 tab at the top of my blog you will see my new list. I completed 54 out of the 101 things on my previous list so my goal is to complete way more (if not all!) on this new one. I have until November 5, 2016 - which is the day after my brother will turn 30...*freak out*.
Today I thought I would share some of the things I am loving this week!
There's an awesome group of girls doing the contentment challenge these three months and I have learned so much from them. I love getting onto Facebook and seeing a new post, quote, idea or just some words of encouragement. Kat's theme for this month is satisfied. I've been looking at things I already have and using them or finding new purposes for them. For example, instead of going and buying more storage bins I have rearranged the ones I already have and situated them better so I was able to free one up. I am also trying to experiment with new outfits using clothing I already have.
Our Impending Snowstorm
So actually I don't love this at all. It's ruining my Valentine's Day plans and I am not happy about it. However, I am loving that this "huge snowstorm" (no flakes yet) has given me the day off from work. Schools closed 3 hours early and we did not open so everyone had to go home. I am thankful for that and will spend my time doing homework & making Rice Krispie treats!
As a graduate student I am responsible for coming up with tons of lesson plans, units, book portfolios, classroom management plans, behavior management plans, and the list goes on. My life would be SERIOUSLY difficult if it weren't for the awesome teachers out there who take the time to blog about their days, share freebies, create awesome resources and upload them to TPT and provide so many wonderful ideas. I've been told that teaching is all about "begging, borrowing and stealing" and all I have to say is THANK YOU! to all of these wonderful ladies who I look up to! And to TPT for being my savior.
I almost have to pinch myself. We finally have a NORMAL school day today since our second wave of the winter storm is all rain. I can't tell you how thankful I was to go into work at 7 am and be able to leave at 8:30 when the littles went galloping down the hallway to their classrooms. It's time for some routine up in this joint.
We welcomed February this past (gloriously beautiful) weekend & with a new month comes new goals. First, let's look back at January's goals:
1. Get ahead on my assignments. I would say I did pretty well with this because I don't feel "behind" quite yet. I do feel overwhelmed by all there is to do, but at least I have started/prepared the tools I need for almost all my projects!
2. Finish The Rescue.This didn't happen. School happened. Oh well.
3. See a new movie. I saw Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Lone Survivor, and some movie that my mom was watching on TV.
4. Make 2 new clean recipes. Didn't happen. Keeping this one on for February.
5. Take water to work every day. I did REALLY well with this. I've been taking my little Nalgene type bottle that I got at the Austin Whole Foods with me and adding ice when I get to work.
Okay, so I didn't do too bad. January was a rough month with two weeks of wacky weather/no school. I'm hoping February gets us all back on track!
1. Update my computer. It's ancient and needs some sort of snow leopard software? I think? Either way I can't update my phone anymore and it is super inconvenient.
2. Re-do my 101 in 1001 list. I don't know if this is cheating because I haven't reached the end date of my current list, but I am feeling really inspired to create a new list.
3. Run my 10-miler in under 1:45. Last year I was able to run it around 1:30, which is my "normal" ten miler time, but I have been out of the running zone since the marathon so I'm a little slower.
4. Do something with my calligraphy. I'm thinking create something to frame or gift or send to a friend.
5. Label/bookplate my children's books. I have a set of "this book belongs to..." stickers that I want to use, but I can also use my calligraphy or handwriting to label the others. I also want to make a "master list" of all the books I have!
Speaking of running, I have signed up for two 2014 races so far! Y'all can find me running the Blacksburg Classic 10-miler on the 15th and then at the end of March I'll be up in Richmond to run the Monument Ave 10K with a friend!
I've adopted the "run for fun & to get a cool shirt" attitude. I want to start doing races that I haven't done before, to say that I have. I want to increase my race list (which you can see in my pages) this year with new ones! So far I believe I will have four new ones to add by NYE, including Monument Ave :)
My local running club is doing a Grand Prix Race Series, which includes 7 local races and is sure to keep me up on my toes. Blacksburg Classic is the first of the seven. I'll be sure to do race updates when I can!
I've also picked up some workout classes - I tried Cardio Barre for the
first time (and loved it) and have been going to Body Sculpting, which
is tough but I feel great afterwards!