Boy do I hope that's true. This March brought with it yet another snowstorm that had me stuck in Northern Virginia. Not that I was complaining getting to spend an extra day with my boy, but I am sick of the snow. Yep. I said it. SICK OF IT. 20 inches of it really did me in a couple weeks ago...
I'm hoping we are done with the winter weather and heading towards spring. My body needs some warm air & sunshine. My body needs some short sleeve weather. I'm tired of being cold & sleep. Ya hear me?
Since it's March I am reflecting on my February goals & setting new ones for March. Since it's Ash Wednesday, I am reflecting on the meaning and spirit of the Lenten season and what that means to me, and what I'm going to "do" for Lent.
1. Update my computer.I updated to the next software pack that I had to order, BUT I also made a step in another direction and that is talking with my mom about getting a *NEW* Macbook! Stay tuned :)
2. Re-do my 101 in 1001 list.I finally thought of 101 things and here it is.
3. Run my 10-miler in under 1:45. Didn't happen because the race was postponed to last Sunday and I was out of town :(
4. Do something with my calligraphy.Didn't happen. Life + school happened.
5. Label/bookplate my children's books.This one is mostly done. I used up all of the stickers that I had and they took care of my hardback books. I'm thinking of getting a stamp (or just handwriting in them) but of course the OCD person inside of me is saying, "What about when you have a different last name??" So that makes me want to wait.
My March goals will be centered around Lent.
"We give up that which we do not need to live, to gain that which we cannot live without: more Jesus."
That statement stuck with me today after reading day 1 of the Lenten plan with She Reads Truth. They're doing a 4 part plan - fasting, repentance, meditation and confession - and I am committing myself to follow it. That's one of my Lenten promises. I will probably post thing here & on instagram if you want to follow along!
Now, what am I "giving up" for Lent?
Candy + Soda
I'm guilty of having a big sweet tooth and a knack for grabbing a Coca Cola whenever one is available. However, if I'm going to try and get/keep my body healthy, I need to be more conscientious about what I'm consuming. Taking out candy & soda from my diet will definitely help reduce my sugar intake and will hopefully encourage me to drink more water, which will keep me better hydrated. I'll still allow myself to have other drinks, just not straight up sodas.
I did a little re-vamp to my blog. I feel like I need to go another direction with this little ol blog, but I'm not sure what that is yet. Brainstorming :)
As for now, I need to catch up! The past few weeks have been crazy. Snow + a long week of school + a gorgeous weekend = my mood is all crazy. How can we go from layers on layers in 20 inches of snow to a 60* day?! Don't ask me...
On Saturday I put in my request for student teaching in the fall. I can't believe it's so close!! I hope I get my placement back soon so that I can start preparing. Fingers crossed I get one of my 2 requests!
One last note, I recently hit 5,000 pins on Pinterest. Not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed...
I'm off to my science class! Here's some Monday Motivation for you:
Today is Valentine's Day & yet another snow day here in Virginia! Since we won't be in school and we are already off on Monday for President's Day, I won't get to hand out my valentines until Tuesday! Better late than never, I guess?
Here is what I made for the kiddos:
Inspired by Pinterest, of course! I made the little label on my computer with a border I got on TPT & the image of the gumball machine is just from Google :)
I'm Sarah, a Virginia girl on her way to becoming a teacher. I love anything that's pink, hoarding teaching supplies, Coca-Cola, color coding & my small town. I also believe that everything is better with a monogram.
Thanks for stopping by! xo