Saturday, August 9, 2014

Welcome, August!

This fall begins a new chapter in my journey to becoming a teacher.  In a little less than a month, I will begin student teaching!  A few weeks ago I found out that I received my first placement request in...first grade! I could not be happier.  I will be in a new school where I don't know many people, which I think will prepare me for when I land my first real teaching job.  I am going to try and update my blog throughout student teaching because I think it will be fun to look back on! Plus it will help me keep track of ideas for the future :)

While this is all very exciting, I am sad to be saying goodbye to the job I have had for five years.  I will be working a couple of weeks before and after student teaching, but will miss the bulk of the fall semester.  I am really going to miss seeing those kids & my director every day! :(

For the past several months (okay maybe years) I have been collecting teaching supplies, books, manipulatives, etc. and been following along with several awesome teaching blogs.  I don't know HOW teachers used to do it before they could look up tips & tricks online!  I hope that I am somewhat prepared for what lies ahead, although most people say that even if you feel prepared for student teaching, you will most likely get in there and realize it's not what you expected!

In the meantime I am going to be planning some outfits to wear.  That is my worst area when it comes to getting ready in the morning.  I try to plan it out in the shower but it never works.  My goal is to find some solid "teacher clothes" that I can mix and match.  In the same boat, I am going to do some meal planning.  There is nothing like running late and realizing you still haven't packed a lunch!  Of course I shall turn to Pinterest for help on these tasks.  Pinterest never fails.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Student teaching is DEFINITELY an experience!! Take any materials the teacher is willing to give you and don't be afraid to ask "How/What can I do better next time?" That is why the teacher is there...they want to help you! And make sure you wear comfy shoes. I wore heels one day and never after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice! I am on the hunt for comfy shoes that will go with a lot of outfits. I am definitely going to try and get the most out of this experience!

      Delete
  2. Ditto on the flats/comfy shoes!! I looooved first grade and I was always on the floor/bending down to get to my firsties, so I highly recommend capris and maxi skirts that let you move, cover you up AND look nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice! I only have one maxi skirt but I think that would be a good investment to buy more! I am on the hunt for comfy shoes...hopefully I can find some that aren't too expensive & are cute!

      Delete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS