Friday, July 12, 2013

Catching My Breath

Whew! Where is my summer going!?
I feel like I've put my blog on the back burner recently because life is busy, busy, busy. It's hard to balance work, school, running, time with family and Steven, and then still enjoy my 'summer life' at the same time.
It's a battle for sure, but I'm going to try and incorporate some more blog posts. I'm really going to try. I miss staying connected & finding new blogs & exploring new ideas and posts.

To play a quick catch up, here's what's up in my life!

| work |
Has been a blast! We have such an awesome group of kids this summer. Typically we have around 40 a day but that can change due to field trips, weather, etc. The weeks are flying by and I have loved every minute of it.

| school |
I'm halfway through my first class, which is a Language Arts class, and am going to start a Math class on the 20th! So far, grad school is wayyyy different than my undergrad classes, but in a good way. A very crazy, and sometimes overwhelming way, but it will be good for me.
Driving to Roanoke has been OK...it seems every Wednesday something goes wrong (accidents, detours, bad weather, flooding, etc.) and it's become a joke now! Can't catch a break.

| running |
Training for the marathon is in full swing. Last weekend I did 7 miles and felt pretty good. Although the heat has been getting to me so I need to be better about hydrating. I got some new shoes recently, that I love, and am trying out a new handheld water bottle on long runs. So far, so good. Now I'm in the market for headphones that don't fall out from getting sweaty! :/

| family & steven |
My older brother is DONEZO with the U.S. Navy in August & has decided to move to Austin, Texas - coincidentally where Steven was born & raised until he moved here in the 8th grade. It will be a huge change, but we're all very excited for him. I'm excited to visit!
I am just loving having Steven home for the summer.  He's working in a lab at Tech during the week & playing baseball with a team in Roanoke on the weekends. It's a win-win situation. Love.

| random |
I've officially moved back home. My new roommates are pretty cool :)
My mom & I decided to switch rooms since her room was a little bigger & I have more pieces of furniture. That has been quite the chore, but it's basically done! Although we had to rent a storage unit, I love having the extra space in my room.
I don't think I'm going to miss apartment life.  Yes, it feels weird coming home after living on my own for 4 years, but at the same time it will save me money & time. Hopefully the next time I move will be to wherever I find a JOB!



Happy Friday!
 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. So many exciting things going on, but I'm sure it's making for a busy busy summer!! I know how you feel about making the drive..whenever I have to drive back to Lexington for work, always have some sort of issue. Make sure to take some time to relax, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS