Monday, October 29, 2012

Pre-Halloween Weekend & Color Me Rad

Boy, did I have an amazing weekend!
I spent all of Friday at the elementary school, then headed to my mom's school to help with book fair [my favorite], then made my way to the high school football game -- where I found Steven :) -- and then we went out for a friend's birthday!

Saturday was spent getting ready for our Halloween party...
I'll let the pictures do the talking [sorry there are so many]:
This was actually Thursday...I was so excited to be DT with my boyfriend FINALLY

LOVE my Ldeezy
Photobombs galore...all night long
It was my roommate's birthday on the 28th, so we celebrated that too!
Pageant queens - Miss Alabama, Miss Texas, Miss Louisiana
Boys
Roommates !
Joe Dirt, Lumberjack and Western Cowboy...aka boys in plaid

I love my friends.

Then on Sunday, two of my roommates and I ran the Color Me Rad 5K, which I blogged about earlier! It was SO much fun and way worth the $35 fee -- plus it benefited the Special Olympics.

If this run, or any other run similar to it, comes to a town near you -- DO IT! Even if you aren't a runner. Half of the people walk anyway. It's more of an "event", not a race. I had such a blast!

All clean, before we headed out:

The starting line on campus:

Lindz has a smile on her face, even though we had a crazy night the night before and literally slept like 3-5 hours:

The pink station at the finish!

Halfway through...our other roommate and Steven came out to snap a picture:

My momma and I at the finish! She is so rad.

It's safe to say after that, I basically collapsed on the couch and slept the rest of the day.

Whew! I want to go back to this weekend!


However, now on a serious note, I want everyone on the east coast to please be safe! Steven's college is closed today and tomorrow so he is staying in Fairfax. Virginia Tech isn't closed -- although they faked us out yesterday by cancelling classes and then uncancelling them an hour later -- but it's still snowing and really windy! I hate cold weather, so I'm not a happy camper, but I am thankful that I'm not up in NJ or NY. Praying for everyone dealing with the elements -- PLEASE BE SAFE!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. i love your costumes. and i did the color run, it was so much fun although took a few days for all the color to come off me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS