Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday

So the last time I blogged I shared my February goals.  I'm happy to say that I've already completed 2 of them!
I updated my computer to the Snow Leopard software so I was finally able to update iTunes and therefore able to sync my phone again :) I can't really notice any other differences with the software besides that.
 
I also redid my 101 in 1001 list. If you click on the 101 in 1001 tab at the top of my blog you will see my new list. I completed 54 out of the 101 things on my previous list so my goal is to complete way more (if not all!) on this new one.  I have until November 5, 2016 - which is the day after my brother will turn 30...*freak out*.
 
Today I thought I would share some of the things I am loving this week!
 
Contentment Ladies
There's an awesome group of girls doing the contentment challenge these three months and I have learned so much from them.  I love getting onto Facebook and seeing a new post, quote, idea or just some words of encouragement. Kat's theme for this month is satisfied. I've been looking at things I already have and using them or finding new purposes for them. For example, instead of going and buying more storage bins I have rearranged the ones I already have and situated them better so I was able to free one up.  I am also trying to experiment with new outfits using clothing I already have.  


Our Impending Snowstorm
So actually I don't love this at all.  It's ruining my Valentine's Day plans and I am not happy about it. However, I am loving that this "huge snowstorm" (no flakes yet) has given me the day off from work.  Schools closed 3 hours early and we did not open so everyone had to go home.  I am thankful for that and will spend my time doing homework & making Rice Krispie treats!


Teacher Blogs
A Day in First Grade
As a graduate student I am responsible for coming up with tons of lesson plans, units, book portfolios, classroom management plans, behavior management plans, and the list goes on.  My life would be SERIOUSLY difficult if it weren't for the awesome teachers out there who take the time to blog about their days, share freebies, create awesome resources and upload them to TPT and provide so many wonderful ideas.  I've been told that teaching is all about "begging, borrowing and stealing" and all I have to say is THANK YOU! to all of these wonderful ladies who I look up to! And to TPT for being my savior.
 Here are some of my favorite teaching blogs:
The First Grade Parade
A Day in First Grade
Fun in First Grade
Step into 2nd Grade
Apples and ABC's
A Teeny Tiny Teacher
Lucky to Be in First!
Kinder-Craze
A Burst of First
Erica's Ed-Ventures
That's So Second Grade!
A Cupcake for the Teacher
A Year of Many Firsts
Mrs. Jump's Class
First Grade Blue Skies
First Grader...at Last!
Miss Kindergarten
Teaching With Love & Laughter
What the Teacher Wants
The Teacher Wife
...and so many more!


Happy snow day!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting links to all these great teacher blogs! I know these will be super helpful to me this semester:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! They are extremely helpful & all really nice ladies!

      Delete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS