Monday, February 3, 2014

February Goals

I almost have to pinch myself. We finally have a NORMAL school day today since our second wave of the winter storm is all rain.  I can't tell you how thankful I was to go into work at 7 am and be able to leave at 8:30 when the littles went galloping down the hallway to their classrooms. It's time for some routine up in this joint.

We welcomed February this past (gloriously beautiful) weekend & with a new month comes new goals.  First, let's look back at January's goals:
 
1. Get ahead on my assignments. I would say I did pretty well with this because I don't feel "behind" quite yet.  I do feel overwhelmed by all there is to do, but at least I have started/prepared the tools I need for almost all my projects!
2. Finish The Rescue. This didn't happen.  School happened.  Oh well.
3. See a new movie. I saw Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Lone Survivor, and some movie that my mom was watching on TV.
4. Make 2 new clean recipes. Didn't happen.  Keeping this one on for February.
5. Take water to work every day. I did REALLY well with this.  I've been taking my little Nalgene type bottle that I got at the Austin Whole Foods with me and adding ice when I get to work.

Okay, so I didn't do too bad. January was a rough month with two weeks of wacky weather/no school.  I'm hoping February gets us all back on track!

February Goals:
1. Update my computer. It's ancient and needs some sort of snow leopard software? I think? Either way I can't update my phone anymore and it is super inconvenient.
2. Re-do my 101 in 1001 list. I don't know if this is cheating because I haven't reached the end date of my current list, but I am feeling really inspired to create a new list.
3. Run my 10-miler in under 1:45. Last year I was able to run it around 1:30, which is my "normal" ten miler time, but I have been out of the running zone since the marathon so I'm a little slower.
4. Do something with my calligraphy. I'm thinking create something to frame or gift or send to a friend.
5. Label/bookplate my children's books. I have a set of "this book belongs to..." stickers that I want to use, but I can also use my calligraphy or handwriting to label the others. I also want to make a "master list" of all the books I have!


Speaking of running, I have signed up for two 2014 races so far! Y'all can find me running the Blacksburg Classic 10-miler on the 15th and then at the end of March I'll be up in Richmond to run the Monument Ave 10K with a friend!
I've adopted the "run for fun & to get a cool shirt" attitude.  I want to start doing races that I haven't done before, to say that I have.  I want to increase my race list (which you can see in my pages) this year with new ones! So far I believe I will have four new ones to add by NYE, including Monument Ave :)
My local running club is doing a Grand Prix Race Series, which includes 7 local races and is sure to keep me up on my toes.  Blacksburg Classic is the first of the seven. I'll be sure to do race updates when I can!
I've also picked up some workout classes - I tried Cardio Barre for the first time (and loved it) and have been going to Body Sculpting, which is tough but I feel great afterwards!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS