I've decided this is a strange birthday. Up until now, birthdays have been pretty exciting. Even 22 was exciting because I was able to jam out to the song "22" for days.
23 is a little less thrilling, but still exciting nonetheless. Another year older is another year older. I'm very thankful for what 22 brought me -- graduation & the start graduate school, continuing the job that I love, a much needed week at the beach, running 3 half marathons and 1 marathon, and many more blessings.
I am excited to see what 23 has in store!
Yesterday I celebrated my birthday early with the 4th graders who surprised me with "pinkalicious" cupcakes and handmade cards. They were unbelievably awesome. Such a fun surprise (or as much of a surprise as 19 squirrely 9/10 year olds can keep)!
Today I'm going to have lunch with my mom and Steven's mom, go home and finish my last assignment of the semester, turn it in and then party with my pets. Birthday dinner this evening!
Unfortunately Steven will celebrate with me from afar. Can you believe I haven't physically shared my birthday with him since I turned 18!? Gotta love that LDR.
To celebrate my 23rd birthday, I am making 23 goals for December:
1. Blog more. Today is my last day of classes for the semester!
2. Write a thank you note.
3. Bake cookies.
4. Wrap my presents.
5. Save my babysitting money in a jar for Austin. Leaving the 21st!
6. Take more naps.
7. Embrace my free time & read a book for fun.
8. Catch up on Ellen.
9. Make handmade gift tags.
10. Plan a craft night with Sara.
11. Help out a friend in need.
12. Bake a holiday treat for "my kids".
13. Have a Santa Clause movie marathon. I have the boxed set, so I'm ready.
14. Pack smart for Texas.
15. Cuddle with my dog & cat at every possible moment.
16. Go on a run.
17. Rearrange my room.
18. Order my textbooks for spring.
19. Complete a cross stitch.
20. Surprise Steven.
21. Go to church for advent.
22. Cut back on soda.
23. Hop back on She Reads Truth.
Obviously I am embracing all of my new free time with this list. I have off until the 6th of January. We'll see what I can do :)