Thursday, January 2, 2014

::Contentment Challenge::

Contentment.
 
Ever since doing some Instagram hopping - ya know how you're on one picture, and that takes you to another profile, and perhaps even another - and finding Dear Sweetheart Events, my heart and mind have been called to this challenge.
 
The Contentment Challenge is basically not buying anything unnecessary for 3 months.
I am going to try my absolute best to keep up with this challenge the next three months.  I saw how fast the past three months flew by, so the next three won't be that hard, right??
I'm hoping this will create a lifestyle change for me. I need to teach myself to refrain from obnoxious Target purchases and trips to TJ Maxx "just to see what they have"...
Each month Kat is going to post a theme, a verse and a challenge to keep us motivated and occupied throughout the challenge
This month's theme is simplicityIt's time to realize that I am never going to be measured by my possessions.  Yes, it is fun to go out and raid the Target one spot & find cute new flats at Gap but does any of that stuff really matter?
 
Today, after work, I am going to work on my "do's and dont's" list -- basically what I find acceptable to purchase and what I am going to refrain from purchasing.  I am also going to write down 5 goals for January.
I'll share those with you tomorrow.
 
I encourage you to join myself and several other awesome women on this journey! Go check out Kat's blog where you can also find a link to a Facebook support group :) Also this post is really helpful. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in this -- I feel like I will be more likely to stick with it.
 
SO, here's to living life content with what I have, simplifying my life, doing what matters and knowing that there are other people out there who are living contently with much less than I have been blessed with.
 
Happy Thursday!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. YAY girl this is so encouraging!!! I'm so excited to go on this journey with you! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who gets lost on instagram -- I have found SO many new blogs/websites from clicking through different posts. Instead of resolutions, I'm setting goals to focus on for each month, so this contentment challenge fits perfectly into that schedule! Thanks for sharing, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently 4 months into my 6 months of not buying any clothes and it actually is not too bad! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS