Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Favorite Things of Christmas!

Today I am linking up with Katelyn of The Bluegrass Belle to share some of my favorite things!

*Sidenote: I tried to do the vlog version with Rachel, but the video didn't match up with the sound & that drives me nuts! I watch other people's when that happens, but when it's my own video...ahhh! Can't stand it. So, here we go!



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate...I hate eggnog!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them! Delicately opening gifts to try and save cute paper is half of my fun on Christmas morning.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white lights and have them on my baby tree in my room but we have colored lights on our big, real tree! I definitely prefer white lights outside and I think it looks sleek on a tree, but I like em all. We have some white lights surrounding our entertainment center so we have a good mixture!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope! Never have and probably never will. Where do you even find that stuff?

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually right at the beginning of December! My brother used to be very anxious to get out the Christmas stuff.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We don't have any Christmas specific dishes, but I love everything that goes into our Christmas dinner! We have a big, nice dinner with the family.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Driving to McLean to spend the week with our grandparents...the year we got an easel and now that I look at the pictures Santa's handwriting looks just like Mom's!...the year I got my "Joey" baby doll...ahh I have so many memories!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly cannot remember! I think I just realized on my own but tried to play it cool like I knew all along...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually! I like the idea of that tradition, though. Usually we just go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and open everything the next morning!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights and TONS of ornaments...old ones, new ones, homemade ones, glass ones, etc. This year i think I put an ornament on practically every branch.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? At Christmas time, I love it :) I love to get one good snow in...and usually in VA, that happens more than once. When/if I need to drive around or we're expecting company...I hate it!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I love it :) I took Steven for the first time a couple years ago. He went even though they didn't have any skates in his size! Just pushed through the toe pain...what a sweet guy. It was so much fun! I hope we do it again this year - even though we have to drive to Roanoke to go!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Either my Lee Middleton doll (Joey) or probably every and any Barbie I ever got. I was Barbie obsessed back in the day. A couple of years ago I got a jewelry box that I love, too!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family! Looking forward to my brothers coming home & carrying on traditions.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Gingerbread cookies :) I made a gingerbread trifle last year and it was SO good!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Christmas Cap'n Crunch for breakfast and watching Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special. I also like getting a new ornament for our tree each year!

17. What tops your tree? We used a gold star for as long as I can remember, but last year it got kind of bent somehow and loose. This past weekend we found a new star at Ashland Berry Farm. We switched it up and got a silver star :)

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I prefer giving! I always spend too much money at Christmas. It doesn't help, though, that my Mom's birthday is the day after Christmas and then Steven's birthday is the 30th! I like to receive, but I really like to see people's reactions to what I give them :) I am always praying that it's a smile!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  Yum, but I only eat (if any) 1 or 2 per season! We don't usually hang them on our tree, either. We have in the past. They aren't my top favorite. 

20. Favorite Christmas show? Elf, Love Actually, Pee Wee's Christmas Special, The Holiday, The Santa Clause....I think I did a whole post on this a while ago!

21. Saddest Christmas Song? CHRISTMAS SHOES. I cannot stand to listen to that song because it makes me so sad! I always turn the radio when it comes on.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas is You. ***NOT the Justin Bieber version - BLECK.
 

Link up! I would love to read what everyone else has to say :)

Tomorrow at work, per my request, is Pajama Day :) You would not believe how excited the kids are to wear their pajamas to school...it's going to be great! I'll be sure and share pictures :) Today we took their pictures, made Christmas frames and our own wrapping paper to wrap them up! We also played "Just Dance" on the Wii. Too - much - fun.
 
Lastly, Steven informed me he might pop into town quick tomorrow before they go back up for Christmas! I am so excited for this to possibly happen!

xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. i get a new christmas ornament each year from my grandma and it's definitely one of the best traditions!

    um yah, where does someone get mistletoe?...

    loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS