Monday, June 25, 2012

weekend recap!


Can you believe it's the last week of June already!?
Summer seriously needs to slow down. Although I am excited to be a senior and move on in life, I absolutely love the summer time more than any other time!
I just love that everyone is in a happy mood, the cool breeze is warmly welcomed and WATERMELON is to be found everywhere. Fact: I love watermelon. Almost too much. We bought one on Saturday and I've already eaten 1/2 of it.
This could be bad.

I also love the fun events that summer brings! I attended the first big one in Blacksburg - Summer Solstice Festival - this past weekend and it was wonderful. We headed down around 1:00 with Sadie to watch a steel drum band and stayed for about 2 hours. It was very hot so we didn't want to keep Sadie out there for too long.
She is a very energetic, sweet pup who really just wants to run around and make friends and play! It's too bad that we couldn't just let her run free. Although she whined to sniff everyone and everything, I think she had fun just being out of the house on the gorgeous day!

As we were leaving to take Sadie home, we walked through the craft vendors. There were some adorable handmade coasters, jewelry and felt play food for children.  There were some unique lawn fountains, map coasters and greeting cards.  Then, there was a tent with vintage clothing, all mixed up.  It looked almost like a thrift store had set up a mini shop - they even had some bags and such.
I wasn't planning to purchase anything, but then something colorful caught my eye.
A vintage Lilly Pulitzer piece. A dress - best described as a polo shirt dress - for $10.
WHAT! Not my ideal style, but I love that it's so old.
I had no hopes of finding something I would like at that booth, let alone finding something Lilly. I was blown away. I have no idea how or when it got there but I'm glad I was the first to spot it!
It's definitely been worn, but nothing seems to be wrong with it. However it's a little too long for my liking so I'm going to have it altered to just above my knee.
* Can anyone help me to name the print? I tried to search online but nothing came up.

After grabbing something cold to drink & dropping off Sadie at home, we headed back down to the festival for drinks, more music and the 5K race!
The 5K went really well! It started at 8:30 pm so the sun was setting and actually at the end it was practically dark. We ran with LED lights. I ran and Mom walked, then once I was finished I went back and walked/jogged the remainder with her. We both did great!
One of the local bands I like, The Key West Band, was playing to end the night.
This event made me excited for our next big, annual festival, Steppin' Out in August!

Today, after we slept in a bit, Mom and I went to the lake for a couple of hours. I love having Claytor Lake, one of Virginia's State Parks, so close to home! It only takes about 20-30 minutes to get there.

Unfortunately after about two hours it started to drizzle and then a scary cloud rolled in, so we decided to call it a day. I'll definitely be back soon, though!


Now it's back to work/baseball time!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you are making me miss the 'burg so much! I don't know if you would want to alter it this much but if the polo style isn't yours you could get it cut into a shift. And you went to Claytor Lake... I have got to get back in the 540 soon soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watermelon looks delicious - I haven't had any yet this summer! If you get a chance to see Luke Bryan, DO IT! you will have the BEST time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claytor Lake is one of my favorite places! I was actually at a wedding there a few years ago -- it was beautiful! And that little Lilly dress is adorable, I'll take a look in some of our look books at work and see if I can ID that print for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, slow down summer!!! I swear it is just flying by. Looks like you had a nice weekend. Any weekend that involves the lake makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS