Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Five: Pinspiring Bedroom Design

For today's Friday Five, I want to share 5 pictures that are inspiring me, via Pinterest, to think about home decor!

I still have a whole semester in my apartment, but when I {most likely} move back home for grad school, I want to seriously buckle down and simplify, as well as give my room a fresh start.
It's still unclear where I'll be going for grad school and/or if I'll be moving back home and/or if I'll be moving into my old room or my brother's room -- his is preferred since it has a bathroom, but one small detail...he has to move out first ;)

Anyway, if I had a room to decorate, here are some ideas I would incorporate (or will incorporate, in a couple of months):

1. Creative Storage
I love how much storage this provides, in addition to creating a little bench!
I think I have {a variety of} all of these pieces so I'll try and recreate.

2. Nude Walls + Colored Decor
Instead of trying to coordinate items with a wall color, I would pick a light, fresh color for the walls & then coordinate room pieces!
I like these colors:


3. Framing Artwork
This picture shows framed Shel Silverstein poems, which I adore, but I am brewing up soooo many DIY ideas for the Lilly 5x5 prints they are churning out each day :)

4. A Clean Desk
 A cluttered mess on my desk = no work getting done! I want to make a goal for myself to clean up my desk each evening.  This picture shows some Martha Stewart supplies that inspired me today walking through Staples! I love all of the different labels, tags and organizers you can buy.

5. Keep It "Me"
While I am wanting/trying to be more sophisticated, this bright pink & orange is very me. I still want to keep my room "fun" while I can :)
I also love the variety of pillows on this daybed! I have a Lilly shift pillow and Lilly monogrammed pillow that aren't going anywhere!


Once I bring these ideas to life I will be sure and let y'all know!

Also, don't forget to check out my post from {late} last night on how to get a new blog post signature like mine! :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I can see you having an adorable Lilly pink and orange bedroom! You can definitely keep pink and orange "adult" and you :). You'll have to post a before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these! And the idea of a clean desk...mine is so cluttered!

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these rooms are so cute! I wish I could have a pink and orange room but since I have to keep it neutral I can just live others! Make sure to post pics if you re-do your room!

    -The Plaid Princess

    http://plaidandpreppy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the coral and brown together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS