I have set some goals for myself for the new year. Yes, they are resolutions, but I prefer the word goal.
1. I want to read 20 novels outside of school-related business. Right now I'm reading Catching Fire.
2. I know that graduate school is way more intense/more work than undergraduate and I want to go in with the mindset that after these next two years: it's big girl job time. I really want to take my classes seriously and do as well as I can in them.
3. I've started doing She Reads Truth and I love it. I blogged about it on Friday and I just started the new plan: Fresh Start. Love it and I want to keep up with their plans so I can spend more time reading the Word and learning about God and what His plan is for me.
4. I've signed up for one half-marathon in March and I would like to do another in the late spring or (most likely) early fall. I miss running!
5. I am seriously going to work on a budget for myself so I stop living paycheck to paycheck. This means I'm going to stop buying things that I don't really need. Each month I will pick one or two things that I will buy for myself and save the rest of my money for savings or special nights out.
6. I need to get into a workout routine this semester and use our awesome gym while I can still get in for free. Whether this means getting up early or going after work in the evenings - I'm doing it! I actually love to workout, I just had no time last semester. This spring, things are going to change and I would like to lose 10 lbs while I'm at it.
7. The backseat/trunk of my car always get messy from papers/trash/jackets. I'm going to work hard to keep it clean and smelling fresh :) Same goes for my room -- I always try on 100 outfits each morning and whatever I don't wear gets thrown on the floor. NO MORE! Clean room = happy room = happy me
8. Negative Nancy - move aside. I'm tired of dwelling on the negative side of things/people. I'm going to work hard to find the optimism in every situation. If I can't, then I'm going to bite my tongue and watch a Disney movie. Again, less stress = happy me.
9. I've seen so many snail mail writing goals over blogs and I am so ready to join in! I absolutely love stationary and have a huge notecard collection. I love to write letters! They are much more meaningful than an email. My goal is to write 52 letters - one every week. If you'd like to receive a letter from me, leave me your email so I can get your address :)
10. Last semester, Sunday was usually my only day to sleep in and so I always skipped out on 8:45 mass. I never even made it to the 11:30 because I was just plain lazy. This semester I want to make it to mass each week physically possible. If I miss the morning masses, I will try and go to mass on campus in the evening. I've never been on campus but I have heard the priest at my church when he came as a guest and I really liked him. I need to get over my awkwardness about going alone and just do it!
What are your 2013 goals?
I'll try and do an update in June and see where I am with them!