Friday, January 20, 2012

Is That Really Necessary?


Alright, here is my disclaimer! I'm really a nice person. Please don't take this post as me hating everything. I love college, but like I said...sometimes you just have to vent! I could do this for a lot of other things, too...i.e. co-workers, aspects of blogging, Twitter, Facebook, crazy drivers...

Here are 10 things about which I find myself asking, is that really necessary?

1. Freshmen who carry literally all of their textbooks to class, thus making their backpacks 2 feet thick and all up in my face going up the stairs. Not okay.

2. Freshmen who wear school colors literally every single day. Don't get me wrong, I love my school, but is it necessary to be decked out daily? No. I will make an exception during football season, but not the spring!

3. Freshmen, in general.

4. Guys who walk into class with their music so loud that I can literally hear every word. They might as well have it on a speaker because that's how loud it is! No one wants to hear your baby making music at 7:50 a.m.

5. When you're in a group looking for a table in any dining center & seeing ONE person sitting at a table made for five. They always seem to take for-ev-er to leave, too.

6. Girls who wear Uggs & shorts. Seriously, when has that ever been okay? I can think of absolutely no weather situation where Uggs & shorts would be necessary. (And yes...I have seen this happen already!)

7. Professors who can't speak English. My old Chem lab TA couldn't speak English so he had to write everything [somewhat poorly, I may add] on the board. I know it must be hard to learn, but we could have at least had a translator or something!

8. Professors who use microphones in a class that, while it has a lot of people the room is not very big, so close to their mouths that every time they talk I feel like a dart is hitting my brain. I still have a headache from Wednesday's lecture!

9. Students who blast down the middle of the sidewalk with no awareness of who or what is around them. I'm not going to part the seas for you; it's not my problem you're late to class!

10. "That girl" who sits in the front row and brags about her life. Sorry, but we've all done community service we just know rubbing it in the teacher's face for kudos doesn't work. No snaps for her.


Has anything been driving you nuts lately? Perhaps the girl that sits in front of you & whips you with her hair?
Feel free to share :)





Coming up later today {two posts, I know!} is my Friday's Fancies! :)
Happy Friday!
xoxo,

8 comments:

  1. AH, finally appropriate forum to vent about this one kid in my class. Granted we only meet once a week (but for 3 hours), I don't have the patience to deal with him. Our class i discussion-based but he feels the need to give HIS input after every slide... and to be frank, none of what he says relates to our topics. GRRR!

    Happy Friday :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAha I agree with you on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I love this! "no one wants hear your baby making music at 7:50 am" so funny! All of these are so true. I think I could make a list just of dumb/annoying things my philosophy has said just today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. This is a great list! I have one professor that actually lectures and speaks to you with his eyes closed!!! Drives me insane! Didn't we learn that eye contact is important in public speaking??? It feels great to vent every once in a while though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute although I must admit, I do sport Uggs and Shorts from time to time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good list! You should definitely check out a post I just wrote about the senior guy in my business class. You might get a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of this post yesterday as I was walking into the gym and the girl in front of me was wearing the shortest spandex shorts EVER and tall Ugg boots...I will just never understand!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS