Saturday, August 27, 2011

1 Universe, 9 Planets, 204 Countries, 809 Islands, and 7 Seas and I had the privilege to meet you.

Today (or rather yesterday, since it's after midnight) was Steven and I's 3rd year anniversary of when we "officially" started dating. However, it's actually been much longer than that. It's still a little fuzzy why we chose this date, but nonetheless on the 26th of every month I smile a little bigger.

A quick recap of us:
We met in 8th grade when he moved to VA from Austin, TX, his hometown. We hit it off as friends and started to "crush" in the 9th/10th grade. During our junior year, the cutie patootie that he is sent me a birthday card asking me to go to the movies with him. Unfortunately, I was still a nervous little girl at the time, got scared that a cute boy was asking me out (for real, not like "sit with me at lunch") and I said no. Not straight up, but I more or less made him feel like I didn't like him - which wasn't true!
Anyway, fast forward to Spring when he asked me to go to prom with him - using the game Up Words to spell it out :)

Junior year prom
After that, I basically knew I was done with this "Oh gosh, I don't know, you're so cute, but I'm so scared, ehhh, wah" business and we basically started dating once junior year ended. We had a great summer, with some not so great parts (unrelated to the relationship) but it made us a lot stronger.
Then, on August 26, somehow we decided it was a done deal! Haha :)

One of our first pictures together...oh boy have we changed!
Senior year with Amy
Senior prom :) This time he wrote on my car windows, "PROM?" Luh him.
Summer, after tommy john
Senior year
The best surprise (18th) birthday, ever!
Senior Homecoming
The day he left for college
Downtown Disney this past Spring Break

I'm an incredibly lucky girl :) He knows practically everything about me, including my flaws and strange habits, and still thinks I'm cool. He's okay with me falling asleep during every movie we try to watch, he's okay with me never being hungry enough to finish a meal and he's okay with the fact that I may never be able to spend less than 30 minutes in Target (unless there is an emergency).

He leaves tomorrow (or rather today, since it's past midnight) to go back to school in PA. I'm gonna miss him, but I know the time will go by quickly as it has the past two years and I'll hopefully be up there soon to see him. Especially since they have fall ball games. In the end, I know it's all worth it. What is that saying again? "I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it?" Yeah that's true.

We spent the day (after I had a 9:00 class...boo) shopping, then had a delicious lunch at Olive Garden. One of our favorites :) Then (after I went to work...boo again) we watched his twin brother's first varsity football game in Giles. Reliving the high school days :) Most of all I got to spend my free time with him, and that's all that matters! Doesn't really matter what we're doing or where we are. I had a wonderful day.


love you sb.

"The smartest thing I ever did was make you all mine..."

xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's so cute! Congrats on 3yrs together!!! That stinks that he goes to school in PA but one of the great things about the age of technology that we live in is skype and facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute! The senior year and senior homecoming pictures are especially sweet :) Congrats on 3 years!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS