Thursday, August 11, 2011

Relay For Life

I attend Virginia Tech. A school that
  • has over 30,000 full time students
  • sits on over 2,500 acres
  • prides itself in our motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve)
  • proudly wears maroon and orange
  • has family across the globe
  • has suffered tragedy, stood back up and gained new hope
You want to know what else?

Virginia Tech is the world's #1 collegiate Relay For Life.
I ain't jokin.

I am honored to say that VT Relay raised $625,000 for the American Cancer Society at our 2011 event this past April. I didn't have a blog back then, so that's why I am sharing it with you now.
I was able to serve on the Survivorship committee where five other girls and myself planned a banquet for the cancer survivors of our community. It was truly a rewarding and inspiring experience.

If any of you are involved in Relay For Life, please share your stories/comments. I would love to hear about it :)
If you aren't involved, I strongly encourage you to start. Each and every one of us has been affected by cancer in one way or another. Whether it be a family member, friend, neighbor, teacher, coworker or even ourselves...this disease has touched all of our lives and I know we all have inspiration to fight back.

Here are some photos from our event, by our lovely photographer...


Yes, it was cold and wet and miserable and I was there from 7:00 am Friday - 5:00 am Saturday.
But we probably saved thousands of lives and I know we created more birthdays, and for that I am grateful.


If you'd like to see more pictures, here is a beautiful slideshow. Put your volume up :)


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9


xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the sweet comments! xo!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS